Saturday, December 17, 2011

Restaurant in Siagon 2010 trip

Great variation on a salad roll

We took family out to one of the many restaurants that dot the city of Ho Chi Minh. It was nice but it did not impress me in any special way. Good food that was done right but nothing beyond the ordinary.

I would say I like the use of the lacy rice wrap on the dish at the right as it adds a nice texture to the dish and makes dipping much easier. 

I have had this type of wrap used on spring rolls too and I have to say that it does impress me as it becomes very crunchy. I have yet to find a maker of this type of wrap in Canada that provides it fresh.









I love how the individual strands stick together and remain a sheet as you dip the roll.
















Interesting dish noodles with pork and a dumpling; covered with roasted peanuts and fresh rich cracker.














I remember this large pork meatball well as I did not really like it. Large, porky, and lumpy; enough said.














To finish the meal I had a pork and prawn soup; tasty and satisfing as you expect from most Vietnamese soups.






No comments:

Post a Comment